Wednesday, March 08, 2023

So... 2023

Wow. A lot happenned last year. Not all of it fun. Actually, a whole lot of it wasn't fun. I understand now why it is that the only people for whom a hospital is a happy place are the people who aren't parents when they went in but are parents when they leave. I don't recommend the experience of an unplanned visit, particularly not an extended stay. The food wasn't as bad as it's cracked up to be, and the service staff was generally pleasant, but it's a really expensive way to pass the time. So, yeah, that happened. I guess I should be thankful and all, but I wasn't really afraid of the possibility of not coming back from the experience still vertical. Not really sure I can explain it, just the concept of dying doesn't really bother me as the possibility of living a life I wouldn't recognize. Sure, there's people who would be sad, and making other people sad isn't all that high on my bucket list. I'm told I'm lucky that things worked out like they did. Maybe I am. Or maybe there's something that I'm supposed to do that I haven't done yet. If it is the latter, I wish I knew what that was. Believe it or not, I've done a lot of writing over the past year. Just not on here. Maybe someday the things I've been writing will see the light of day. Time will tell.