Saturday, January 01, 2022

Another New Year, another blog post to an almost entirely inactive blog...

So...2021. Yeah. Glad to see it in the rear-view mirror, much as I was glad to see 2020 as past-tense. But if I'm honest, 2021 wasn't all bad. Got promoted at work, likely the last one I'll ever see unless I get tapped for a position that falls into a "willing to do it if that's what the company thinks is the best use of my talents, but not going to seek out that role" category... Love our new pastor and am excited to see what the parish will evolve into under his leadership, even if I do still miss his predecessor. 'course I think that way about the Pope, too... There's a lot of things that could have gone worse than they did, and there will always be things that could have gone better, so it is what it is. Again, if I'm honest...I'm pretty blessed. Got kids that are surviving the adulting game without needing to be bailed out or to move back in, and have a pretty good relationship with even if we could do a better job of staying in touch. That's as much my fault as theirs, which means they got it from me... Hit 31 years of marriage. Wow. There was a time I couldn't have guaranteed you that I'd hit 31 years of age, much less marriage. Took a do-over marriage to get that far. Can't say that if you would have asked me at any point along the way what a 30+ year marriage would look like with me in it that I would have described what we have now, but it's been a good run and I hope it lasts another...well, however many years I have. Had planned to celebrate 31 years on a river cruise, just as we had planned to celebrate 30 years. Didn't happen this year either. "Next year in Jerusalem" as they say, except will be next year on the Danube. Unless it gets canceled again, but that's a topic for next year's blog post. Could write a lot more, but not really feelin' it. All the theories in this universe seem to be on autopilot.